Pi Dental Center now offers patients and area doctors advanced diagnosis with the i-Cat Cone Beam CT Scanner. Each scan is thoroughly evaluated by a maxillofacial radiologist who has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology since 1996. Doctors and patients receive a complete report outlining all findings and including images that illustrate findings.
Any of our patients who are interested in having a scan performed can request this service by speaking to any of the staff. Area dentists can call our office to schedule a scan for one of their patients.
Pi Dental Center is able to diagnose a wide array of conditions with our in-office three-dimensional imaging x-ray machine. The i-Cat is quick and easy to use with greater predictability of treatment and it provides a full continuum of services from diagnosis to treatment. Pi Dental Center provides this advanced service in a very comfortable setting with a highly qualified staff.
The i-CAT, the leader in Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging for dental applications provides high-definition, digital imaging with less radiation to the patient. A typical scan time is only 8.5 seconds. The i-CAT's computer controlled software delivers quick and easy reconstruction of critical anatomical information.
i-Cat provides un-paralleled technology that produces better results. As the need for more sophisticated and immediate procedures increases, our advanced in-office imaging system provides dentists and their patients with more accurate information for expanding general dentistry, oral and orthognathic surgery, implantology, TMJ analysis, spinal studies, airway assessment, periodontal, orthodontic, impaction and many other dental procedures.
The maxillofacial radiologist evaluates all scans taken by Pi Dental Center. The purpose of this image examination is to provide an evaluation of the regional anatomical volume. Evaluation is limited to the capability of CBCT imaging. This is a consultative report only and is not intended to be a definitive diagnosis or treatment plan.
Dr. Jie Yang
Director of Oral & Maxillofacial
Radiology Service at Temple University provides diagnostic services for patients through the Institute For Facial Esthetics.
He has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology since 1996.
Detailed CT Scan Report Includes Images with Arrows Indicating Significant Areas
Mandibular Implant Study
One of the primary uses of the
i-Cat is in Teeth In An Hour™ Guided Implant Surgery
Maxillary Implant Study
Dr. Jie Yang
• High Resolution Scan produces images at .2mm voxel size
• Fast Scan Time (15 seconds) minimizes radiation and reduces chances of patient movement during scan - quicker and easier image acquisition
• Adjustable Beam Collimation allows full height and targeted field of view scans, providing the ability to further minimize patient radiation
• Comfort Design positions patient in an open environment seated position - allows patient comfort and capture of natural orientation of anatomy
• Fast Reconstruction Time provides the most complete views of all oral and maxillofacial structure in real-time - produces three-dimensional images in typically under 1 minute
• DICOM 3 Compatible data makes it easy to share and integrate with 3rd party volume data software companies
• 14 bit Grayscale quality allows more shades of gray to increase contrast for easier viewing
• Report Printout function provides full-color reports with sophisticated clarity and precision.
• Scan Time: 20 seconds standard
Lateral 3D Image
Lateral 3D Image