Keeping Our Patients Safe
Pi Dental Center is diligently following directives of the Governor to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy. While we will continue to follow the same stringent disinfection and sterilization procedures that have kept us safe for decades, we have implemented additional safety precautions. When you come to the office, in addition to the usual Personal Protective Equipment, disinfection and sterilization procedures that we have always utilized, you can also have confidence in the following newly initiated protocols:
- Requirement of all staff, patients and visitors to wear masks while in the office as mandated by the Governor.
- For increased protection, we’ve added glass partitions to the reception area.
- To improve air quality, all HVAC units have been updated and individual HEPA air purification systems will be utilized in all exam rooms and the reception area.
- We have increased the level of protection of our surgical masks by upgrading to level 3 N95 respirator masks.
- We have invested in new equipment including industrial strength face shields, which can be used as a supplement during certain procedures, chair side high evacuation (suction) systems to reduce aerosols when necessary and ultraviolet sterilization wands to treat surfaces after routine disinfection.
- Frequently touched surfaces in the elevator, reception area and bathroom will be disinfected regularly. After disinfection, the UV sterilization wand will also be utilized.
- To assess the risk level for virus transmission, all patients and staff will be screened. This screening will include various health related questions and temperature taking.
- As much as possible in the dental setting, social distancing will be followed.
- We will continue to have hand sanitizer available to utilize and encourage everyone to wash their hands often.
Our patients and staff are of utmost importance. As a result, we have taken a very detailed examination of office protocols, making improvements above and beyond those suggested by the Centers for Disease Control, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, The Pennsylvania Department of Health and the American Dental Association. While these processes may seem excessive, we feel they are worth the time and financial investment to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. With your cooperation in strictly following all protocols as directed in the office, we are confident that we can safely address your dental needs.