Dear Pi Patients,
I hope this letter finds you well. I am happy to report that we reopened the office on Monday, May 11. My staff and I are looking forward to seeing you in the office!
We have diligently followed directives of the Governor which has kept us safe and healthy. To ensure all patients and staff remain safe in our office, I have utilized this time off researching dentistry in the world of Covid 19. I’ve attended webinars and consulted with experts in various specialties including infection control, virology and air quality.
While we will continue to follow the same stringent disinfection and sterilization procedures that have kept us safe for decades, I have implemented additional safety precautions. When you come to the office, in addition to the usual Personal Protective Equipment, disinfection and sterilization procedures that we have always utilized, you can also have confidence in the following newly initiated protocols:
- Requirement of all staff, patients and visitors to utilize masks while in the office as mandated by the Governor.
- For increased protection, we’ve added glass partitions to the reception area.
- To improve air quality, all HVAC units have been updated and individual HEPA air purification systems will be utilized in all exam rooms and the reception area.
- We have increased the level of protection of our surgical masks by upgrading to level 3 N95 respirator masks.
- We have invested in new equipment including industrial strength face shields, which can be used as a supplement during certain procedures, chair side high evacuation(suction) systems to reduce aerosols when necessary and ultraviolet sterilization wands to treat surfaces after routine disinfection.
- Frequently touched surfaces in the elevator, reception area and bathroom will be disinfected regularly. After disinfection, the UV sterilization wand will also be utilized.
- To assess the risk level for virus transmission, all patients and staff will be screened. This screening will include various health related questions and temperature taking.
- As much as possible in the dental setting, social distancing will be followed.
- We will continue to have hand sanitizer available to utilize and encourage everyone to wash their hands often.
My patients and staff are of utmost importance to me. As a result, I have taken a very detailed examination of office protocols, making improvements above and beyond those suggested by the Centers for Disease Control, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, The Pennsylvania Department of Health and the American Dental Association. While these processes may seem excessive, I feel they are worth the time and financial investment to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. With your cooperation in strictly following all protocols as directed in the office, I am confident that we can safely address your dental needs.
Glenn J. Wolfinger, DMD FACP
dental health,Medical and Dental Health,pi dental care center