Cleidocranial dysplasia is a rare skeletal disorder also known as Cleidocranial Dysostosis characterized by short stature, distinctive facial features, and narrow, sloping shoulders caused by defective or absent collarbones (clavicles).
Dental abnormalities seen in Cleidocranial Dysplasia may include:
- Delayed loss of the primary (baby) teeth
- Delayed appearance of the secondary (adult) teeth
- Unusually shaped peg-like teeth
- Misalignment of the teeth and jaws (malocclusion)
- Extra teeth, sometimes accompanied by cysts in the gums.
Anita was diagnosed with Cleidocranial Dysplasia and congenitally missing teeth. The doctors at Pi Dental Center treated Anita using the Teeth In A Day protocol.
Anita has also written her own website outlining her dental experiences.
|Pre-op Smile||Post-op Smile|
Anita with her sister following treatment
Anita with Dr. Wolfinger (left) and Dr. Vicky Petropolous (right)